Short on Time? >> Ultimate 10-Minute Full-Body Workout for Home
Now, more than ever, it’s important to take the time to stay physically and mentally healthy. Here’s a full-body workout you can do in just 10 minutes!
You don’t need any equipment, can do it easily at home, and both your body and mind will benefit. It’s even more fun with a friend.
Benefits of the 10-Minute Full-Body Workout:
- Improves cardiorespiratory fitness
- Activates all major muscle groups
- Elevates your heart rate and helps burn more calories
- Boosts brain function
How to do the Full-body workout
- Do each exercise at a 50/10 interval (50 seconds intense effort, 10 seconds rest)
- Repeat for 2 rounds total
- Important: For best results keep the intensity high – give it all you’ve got and go as fast as you can while maintaining good form!
- Do 30 seconds of exercise followed by 30 seconds rest
- Choose the easier workout variations suggested after each video
10-Minute Full-Body Workout Exercises
1. Flat Out Burpees
Burpees are the go-to exercise for a quick, intense workout.
Beginners modification: 4-Count Burpees
2. Skier Abs
Work your abs (including obliques!) while keeping the heart rate high through jumps!
Beginners modification: High Plank Leg Lifts
3. Touchdown Lunges
Touchdown Lunges will make your quads burn in a matter of seconds!
Beginners modification: Backward Lunges
4. Push-up Shoulder Taps
Works your upper body strength and balance.
Beginners modification: Knee Push-ups
5. 180 Jump Squats
Finish the round with another leg burner, the 180 Jump Squats.
Beginners modification: 180 Jumps
In times of stress, doing any workout is better than no workout at all. Why not try to squeeze in 2-4 short training sessions per week? After only 2 weeks of this, you could be hooked on the great post-workout feeling and ready to consider making room for longer sessions in your schedule!
Are short workouts really effective?
Yes, short workouts, such as 7-minute and 10-minute full-body workouts, can be considered a minimum effective dose of exercise. But the more active minutes you include in your day, the better you will feel, and the closer you can get to your fitness goals!