Useful Exercises for Runtastic Results Beginners
Are you willing and motivated to start with bodyweight training, but traditional push-ups, leg raises and squats are a bit too strenuous for you? No problem! In today’s blog post, we will show you useful exercises to make it more suitable for you to start training with Runtastic Results.
- Place your arms shoulder-width apart with your palms on the edge of the chair (make sure that the chair, table, couch, etc. is sturdy and secure).
- Stand on the tips of your toes.
- Your head, upper body and pelvis should form one straight line.
- Make sure to maintain full body tension. You can achieve this by squeezing your glutes and bracing your core.
How to do the exercise:
- Lower your upper body and pelvis at the same time.
- Maintain full body tension throughout the entire movement.
- Keep your elbows close to your body.
- Breathe in when you go down and breathe out when you push up.
Incline knee push-ups:
In incline knee push-ups, you bear your body weight on your hands and knees, with your lower legs crossed. Apart from that, these push-ups are done just like the regular incline push-ups.
Are leg raises still out of your league? We have two beginner variations that will help strengthen the muscles you need for this exercise.
Lying single leg raises:
- Lie on your back and raise your legs until they are perpendicular to the floor. Make sure that your legs are not completely straight.
- Place your arms out to the side, with your palms resting on the floor.
- Let your head rest on the floor/mat, too.
How to do the exercise:
- Slowly lower one leg.
- Make sure that your lower back is touching the floor at all times.
- Only lower your leg as far as you can without lifting your lower back off the floor or arching your back.
- Once you have reached the lowest point, raise your leg back up to the starting position.
- Breathe in when lowering your leg and breathe out when raising it.
Lying bent knee raises:
Lying bent knee raises start with your legs elevated and your knees bent at a 90-degree angle. Lower your legs until the soles of your feet touch the floor. Then pull your legs back to the starting position. Apart from that, these leg raises are done just like the lying single leg raises (see above).
Are your thighs burning after just a few reps? Use a chair to help you. Make sure to use proper form, sit down briefly on the chair at the end of the movement and then stand back up again.
So did you find the right tips for you? Or are there other exercises you are having trouble with? Let us know – for instance, in the comments section below – and we will gladly help you!
Runtastic Results. Time for a transformation!
#Runtastic #Results #RR