Low-Cal and Delicious: 5 Desserts With Less Than 200 Calories Per Portion
Not all desserts are unhealthy and packed with calories. These 5 recipes have less than 200 calories per serving and are still delicious.
1) Baked Pears with Cinnamon & Honey
A yummy, healthy dessert for all of you with a sweet tooth. Honey, cinnamon, and a little bit of butter perfectly complement the baked pears. Healthy doesn’t have to be boring!
Ingredients for 3 servings:
- 3 pears
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 390°F.
- Peel the pear, then cut off the ends. Halve them and scrape out the core with a spoon. Place the pear halves on a lined baking sheet with the flat side facing down.
- Heat the butter, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla in a little pot and let melt while constantly stirring. As soon as it’s all melted, drizzle or brush the halved pears with the sauce. Make sure you keep a little bit for later.
- Pop the pears in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until slightly browned and soft. Leave to cool for about 5 minutes, then drizzle the rest of the sauce over the pears.
One serving contains about 117 calories, 22 g of carbohydrates, 1 g of protein, and 4 g of fat.
2) Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
With just 55 calories per muffin, this one is a great recipe when on a diet. The little muffins are easily prepared and ideal for parties or birthdays.
Ingredients for 32 servings:
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds, ground
- 3 Tbsp water
- 80g whole grain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 270g pumpkin, cooked & pureed
- 160g brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 65g apple sauce, unsweetened
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350°F. Grease a muffin tray with a little bit of butter or oil.
- Mix flaxseeds and water in a bowl and let soak for a few minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt to a big bowl. Mix pumpkin puree and apple sauce, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil and flax seeds with a blender until smooth.
- Then, thoroughly mix the puree with the flour mixture. Fill into muffin cups (makes about 32 muffins) and bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Leave to cool before serving.
One serving contains about 55 calories, 12 g of carbohydrates, 1 g of protein, and 1 g of fat.
3) Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
The perfect dessert for a warm summer night. Blueberries, Greek yogurt, honey and lemon juice is all you need to whip up this treat. Plus, it takes just 5 minutes.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 280g blueberries, frozen
- 80g Greek yogurt, 0% fat
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Store the mixture in your freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish the yogurt dessert with nuts or dried fruits before serving.
One serving has about 135 calories, 31 g of carbohydrates, 5 g of protein, and 0 g of fat.
4) Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Peanut butter and chocolate, a heavenly combination. You will love these no-bake cookies for dessert after dinner.
Ingredients for 12 servings:
- 65g peanut butter, unsweetened
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g quick oats
- 50g almonds, chopped
- 30g chocolate chips
- Heat the peanut butter in a small pan with the mashed banana, honey and vanilla and stir until you get a smooth mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from the stove.
- Add oats and almonds and stir well.
- Leave to cool a bit before adding the chocolate chips.
- Form cookies with the help of a spoon and carefully place on a plate.
- Pop into your freezer for approx. 30 minutes for the cookies to harden.
One serving has around 120 calories, 15 g of carbohydrates, 3 g of protein, and 7 g of fat.
5) Chocolate Crêpes with Fresh Berries
It just takes a few minutes to whip up this yummy treat – and the fresh berries keep it on the light side.
Ingredients for one serving:
- 1 little crêpe, home-made or store-bought
- 1 Tbsp chocolate hazelnut cream
- 60g blueberries
- 2 strawberries, chopped
- Spread some chocolate hazelnut cream on your crêpe.
- Add the blueberries and strawberries and roll it up, cut into halves, and enjoy.
One serving has around 200 calories, 31 g of carbohydrates, 1 g of protein, and 8 g of fat.
We hope you enjoy preparing and eating these delicious treats!