Benni’s Weight Loss Secret (-32 kg/70 lb): “Run, Run, Run”
Hello, fellow Runtastic Users! 🙂 My name is Benni and my weight loss journey started four years ago. Back then, I felt really uncomfortable in my own skin – I weighed a whopping 112 kg (247 lb). My doctor finally motivated me to do something about my weight problem. So I declared war on the extra kilos and started running.
As the excess pounds just started melting away, I was able to steadily increase my mileage: to date, I have lost 32 kg (70 lb).
From 112 kg (247 lb) to running a marathon
Only one short year after I began my weight loss journey, I ran my first 10.5 km city run in 43:10. I was so proud of myself! And this led me (now that I really had the running bug 😉 ) to compete in my first half marathon. Last year, I finished my first marathon in 3 hours and 44 minutes. And this year I participated in the Wings For Life Run – and surprised myself by completing 37 km.
My strategy for effective weight loss
I believe that a combination of running and proper nutrition is the key to success. What helped me a lot was cutting out sweets and liquid calories. Instead of sugary soft drinks, I simply drank more water.
If you want to lose weight, I can offer you the following tips:
- Believe in yourself! It’s the only way to keep your motivation up over time.
- Begin with regular running and focus on interval training.
- Use the Story Runs from Runtastic – they helped me add variety to my training.
- Watch the liquid calories and reduce them (like I said above).
- When you are craving something sweet, eat a protein bar instead.
- And don’t forget to treat yourself once in a while!
I’m convinced that you can accomplish anything with willpower and ambition. You just have to believe in yourself 🙂