Healthy Recipe: Whole Grain Pasta with Vegan Broccoli Pesto
Tired of the same old basil pesto? This vegan pesto with broccoli is a tasty alternative. Toss it with pasta for an amazing lunch or dinner.
Whole Grain Pasta with Vegan Broccoli Pesto
- 250 g whole grain pasta
- 500 g broccoli
- 50 g walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large handful of arugula
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve about 125 ml of the pasta water for later.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the broccoli florets in a sieve and prop over the steaming water. Cover with a pot lid and steam for 5 minutes.
- To make the pesto, blend the broccoli florets, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, pasta water, arugula, olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Mix the pasta with the broccoli pesto. Garnish with arugula.
One serving has 388 calories, 62 g of carbohydrates, 20 g of protein and 18 g of fat.