A Match Made in Heaven: Creamy Avocado Hummus
Whether as a veggie dip or bread spread – hummus is simply delicious. And it tastes even better when you add avocado. The chickpeas provide fiber and protein, as well as plenty of iron (as does the tahini). But there is one thing you should know: due to the high fat content, this creamy avocado hummus is very rich in calories. So don’t eat the whole bowl alone, but split it with your friends 😉
Ingredients for one bowl:
- 1 can of chickpeas (265 g)
- 1 avocado
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 garlic clove
- Ground caraway seed
- Salt & pepper
1. Put the chickpeas in a sieve, wash them and let them drain.
2. Then put them in a food processor with the olive oil, tahini, lime juice and garlic. Blend until it has a creamy consistency.
3. Finally, add the avocado and the seasoning. Mix the avocado hummus. If the cream is too thick, add some more olive oil or lemon juice. Enjoy the hummus with some fresh veggie sticks or on a piece of bread!
One bowl contains about 880 calories, 34 g of carbohydrates, 16 g of protein and 70 g of fat.