Dairy-Free Carrot-Walnut Cookies
Are you a carrot fan? Then you are sure to love these delicious cookies. They are low on calories without sacrificing taste. The carrots make the cookies soft and moist, and the walnuts give the little delicacies an extra crunch & kick of flavor. Plus, the irresistible smell of cinnamon… definitely worth trying out at home! 😉
I also want to point out that the cookies are dairy-free, making them the perfect sweet snack for people who are lactose intolerant or have a milk allergy.
Ingredients (makes 14 cookies):
- 100 g rolled oats
- 80 g walnuts (chopped)
- 90 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg
- Vanilla powder
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 1 large carrot
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (375°F).
2. Combine the oats with the walnuts, the flour, the baking powder, the cinnamon and the salt.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a pot, let it cool briefly, and mix it with the egg, the vanilla powder and the maple syrup.
4. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir the mixture well using a wooden spoon.
5. Peel and grate the carrot. Gently stir it into the cookie dough. Let the dough sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place little balls of cookie dough on the sheet using a spoon. Press down the cookie dough mounds with a fork to flatten them out. Bake the delicious carrot-walnut cookies for 15 minutes.
One cookie contains 135 calories, 14 g of carbohydrates, 4 g of protein and 7 g of fat.