Are You Eating A Healthy Diet? Take The Test Now
Are you already following a balanced diet, for example? Or do some of your weekdays still leave room for improvement when it comes to a healthy diet? We’ve prepared 10 questions for you – the more you can answer with a confident “yes”, the better you’re caring for a fit and healthy body.
1. Is your diet balanced and varied? Do you enjoy a mix of mainly vegetable foods (fruit, veggies, cereals, potatoes, legumes,…) and moderate amounts of animal products (milk, cheese, fish, meat, eggs,…)?
2. Do you eat cereal products (even better: whole grain products) on a daily basis? For example granola, whole grain bread, rice, quinoa, buckwheat, etc.
3. Does your diet include 3 portions of vegetables and 2 portions of fruit every day?
4. Do you restrict meat and cold cuts to max. 1 portion a day?
5. Do you read the labels (especially on ready-made foods) and check for their sugar, fat or salt content?
6. Do you drink at least 1.5 to 2 liters per day, ideally water or unsweetened teas?
7. Do you enjoy alcohol in moderation and refrain from drinking alcohol on at least 2 days per week?
8. Do you listen to your body, eat when you’re hungry and stop eating as soon as you feel (not too) full?
9. Do you take your time – at least 20 minutes – eating your meals (that’s how long it takes until a feeling of satisfaction can be perceived), sit at a table to eat and avoid distractions like newspapers, smartphones or TV while eating?
10. Do you opt for a 100% healthy & balanced diet for at least 80% of your meals?
Were you able to answer all 10 points with a clear “yes,” or is there still room for improvement? Check out the eating habits of the world’s healthiest populations, or get inspired by our article on Clean Eating – and you’ll soon turn into a healthy professional 😉