Exciting New Feature: Create Groups in the Runtastic App
Getting fit together is simply more fun. You can now create groups in the Runtastic app. Connect with like-minded people, lace up your shoes and achieve your goals together.
How it works:
- In the Runtastic app, open the drawer menu and tap “Groups”.
- Now you can create your own group. Give it a name and don’t forget to add a short description.
- Invite your Runtastic Friends to join your group.
- You don’t have any or only a few friends on Runtastic? You can also share the group with your friends via WhatsApp or email. Once they have signed up and friended you, you can get cracking.
- On the Group Leaderboard, you can see how many kilometers you have run. Compare your performance with that of your fellow group members or Runtastic Friends – a little competition never hurt anyone 😉
Still not convinced? Then here are 5 reasons why you should run (and compete) with your friends:
1. Great for socializing: Meet up with your friends and go running together. Enjoy the time outdoors and get fit as a group!
2. No more excuses: Of course, you are not always up for a workout. But as a team, you can overcome your weaker self.
3. Extra motivation: You ran 5 km today, but your best friend made 10. Do you want to beat him or her? Good for you. Runners who compare themselves with their friends are more motivated.
4. Together we are stronger: Studies have shown that couples who exercise together are happier. It strengthens your relationship.
5. Running across borders: You live in Germany, but your best friend lives in the USA? No matter when and where you run – everyone in your group always knows how many kilometers you have run (and sees who’s in the lead 😉 ).
6. …and it’s a lot of fun!
So download the Runtastic app today, create your own group and get fit together!