Better Than Takeaway: Healthy & Colorful Glass Noodle Salad
A colorful glass noodle salad with veggies, some chili, lime and peanuts is the perfect lunch on hot summer days. Plus, the salad is easy to prepare at home and take to work. You are guaranteed to make your coworkers jealous!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 50 g glass noodles
- 1 handful of carrot sticks
- ½ cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 handful of bean sprouts
- 1 Tbsp chili paste
- Juice of 1½ limes
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- Fresh cilantro (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp peanuts (unsalted)
1. Place the glass noodles in a bowl and add boiling water to cover them. Let them soak for 5 minutes.
2. Cut the cucumber into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler and the bell pepper into strips using a knife.
3. Mix the chili paste, lime juice and agave nectar in a mason jar for the dressing.
4. Then you can layer the salad: glass noodles, carrot sticks, cucumber, bell pepper, bean sprouts, cilantro and peanuts.
5. Put the lid on and you have one delicious glass noodle salad to go!
One serving has 390 calories, 74 g of carbohydrates, 18 g of protein and 13 g of fat.