Gluten-Free Baked Oatmeal for a Healthy Start to the Day
Baked oatmeal with fruit is the perfect breakfast to get a healthy start to the day. This gluten-free, feel-good breakfast is full of fresh, natural ingredients and keeps you feeling full longer. For an extra portion of protein, serve the oatmeal with a big dollop of Greek yogurt. Don’t have time to make it in the morning? No problem: You can prepare this breakfast casserole the night before.
Ingredients for one baking dish (serves 8):
- 170 g gluten-free oats
- 70 g chopped pecans
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 350 ml almond milk (unsweetened)
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Vanilla powder
- 250 g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately.
3. Spread about ¾ of the blueberries in a greased baking dish. Cover the fruit with the dry ingredients and then pour the wet mixture over top. Garnish your baked oatmeal with the rest of the blueberries.
4. Bake your delicious breakfast casserole for 40-45 minutes. It tastes amazing warm!
Runtastic tip: You can get crazy with the ingredients depending on your taste, mood and season. Apples and walnuts make for a marvelous combination. The casserole also tastes incredible with bananas and cashews.
One serving of baked oatmeal contains 215 calories, 16 g of carbohydrates, 7 g of protein and 13 g of fat.