Delicious Protein Powerhouse >> Greek Chickpea Salad
Chickpeas are not only a great source of flavor, they are also packed with fiber and vegetable protein. Mixed into a Greek salad, they allow you to experience a taste of the Mediterranean at its finest!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 265 g chickpeas (cooked)
- 1 handful of parsley
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 150 g feta
- 1 handful of pitted black olives
- ½ cucumber
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
1. Dice the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, onion and olives. Chop the parsley.
2. Mix the vegetables with the chickpeas in a bowl.
3. Cut the feta into small cubes and add to the mixture.
4. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the salad. Season it with salt and pepper and mix well.
One serving has 287 calories, 13 g of carbohydrates, 11 g of protein and 20 g of fat.