Low-Calorie Homemade Cup of Autumn >> Pumpkin Spice Latte
The healthiest way to drink coffee is black, without sugar. But when the leaves turn color in fall and the air gets cooler, what you need is a hot, comforting cup of pumpkin spice latte. Sound good? We have a delicious recipe for you that is guaranteed to be healthier (and cheaper) than buying one from the coffee shop.
Ingredients (1 cup):
- 100 ml milk (or vegan milk alternative)
- 1 espresso
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin purée*
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
* Cut a sugar pumpkin into small pieces. Then cook and purée them. What you don’t need for the pumpkin spice latte, you can use for pumpkin soup or simply freeze for later.
1. Heat the milk, pumpkin purée, maple syrup and spices in a saucepan.
2. Purée the milk-spice mixture with the espresso in a blender.
3. Pour the mixture into a cup and sprinkle your pumpkin spice latte with cinnamon before drinking.
One cup (with whole milk) has 190 calories, 33 g of carbohydrates, 4 g of protein and 4 g of fat.
You can find more tasty beverage ideas in the Runtasty app. Download it today!