For the last few weeks, we’ve all been part of the #HOMETEAM, working and working out from home to help keep our communities safe. Meanwhile, medical staff, grocery store clerks, transportation employees, and many essential workers have been on the frontlines risking their health and safety to keep our communities running. During the #HOMETEAMHERO Challenge, we’re showing them our gratitude with a donation relay. From May 29 – June 7, every active hour you spend on qualifying activities in the adidas Running or adidas Training apps will help us toward our goal of completing 1 million workout hours. For every hour contributed, adidas will donate $1 to the World Health Organization COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund (up to an additional $1 million).
Fitness enthusiasts and athletes from every discipline are coming together to dedicate their time and effort to say thank you to our #HOMETEAM Heroes.
How can I sign up to participate?
Whether you run, cycle, or strength train, there are many types of fitness you can do to get involved in this donation relay. Check out the list of qualifying activities in the challenge information, and please be sure to always follow local guidelines with social distancing.
Every activity done between May 29 – June 7 counts! Here’s how to join the #HOMETEAMHERO Challenge:
- Download the adidas Running or adidas Training app on your phone.
- In adidas Running, tap the Community tab. In adidas Training, tap the progress tab
- You can select #HOMETEAMHERO under Challenges. Click Join Challenge.
- Track all of your workouts on qualifying activities like running, training plans, guided workouts and more in the adidas Running or adidas Training apps.
About the WHO COVID-Solidarity Response Fund
The World Health Organization (WHO) is leading and coordinating the global effort, supporting countries to prevent, detect, and respond to the pandemic. With the fund, they are working to:
- Put in place activities to track the virus
- Help patients get proper care
- Provide essential supplies to frontline workers
- Produce evidence-based guidelines and advice for health workers
- Produce guidelines for the general public
- Accelerate efforts to produce vaccines, tests, and treatments
Every Active Minute Counts!
Whether it’s a 10k, 5 chaturangas, 100 push-ups, or 20 leg raises, every active minute counts. Let’s use our collective energy to raise funds and hope while we combat COVID-19, together.