Cauliflower Fried Rice: Light, Fluffy and Delicious
Cauliflower is a great low-calorie, low-carb alternative to rice. Whereas 100 g of uncooked rice has about 350 calories, the cauliflower version has only 30 calories per 100 g. This light cauliflower fried rice is also ideal for dinner when you are trying to reduce carbs and lose weight. And even if you are not, you can’t beat the taste of this cauliflower, egg and veggie combo!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow))
- 1 zucchini
- 1 handful of mushrooms
- 3 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil (e.g. canola oil)
1. Remove the leaves of the cauliflower, wash the head and cut into large chunks.
2. Put the cauliflower chunks in a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower takes on a rice-like consistency. Put the cauliflower rice in a dish towel and squeeze to remove any remaining moisture.
3. Dice the onion and chop the bell peppers, zucchini and mushrooms into small pieces.
4. Heat the oil in a pan. Sauté the onion.
5. Next, add the vegetables. Let them cook for a few minutes until tender.
6. Now add the cauliflower rice and stir everything well.
7. Beat the eggs with a fork and pour them over the cauliflower rice and vegetables. Stir-fry everything for a few more minutes until done. And voilà – your delicious fried rice is ready to serve!
One serving contains 170 calories, 11 g of carbohydrates, 11 g of protein and 7 g of fat.
Feeling hungry? Then download the Runtasty app today (of course, free of charge!).