Bursting with Flavor: Stuffed Tomatoes with Beef and Quinoa
Stuffed tomatoes with beef and quinoa – sounds delicious! The protein packed stuffing makes this dish the perfect post-workout meal.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 500 g ground beef
- 6 large tomatoes
- 150 g strained tomatoes
- 200 g quinoa (cooked)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 100 g Parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Cut off the top of the tomatoes and scoop out the insides with a spoon. Do not throw the insides away – you can use them later for the stuffing.
3. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Dice the bell pepper.
4. Heat some olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic. Then add the diced bell pepper.
5. Brown the ground beef in a pan.
6. When the meat is done (takes about five minutes), add the cooked quinoa, strained tomatoes, tomato paste and herbs. Let the stuffing simmer for a few minutes.
7. Place the hollowed-out tomatoes in a greased baking pan, fill them with the quinoa-ground beef mixture and sprinkle them with Parmesan.
8. Bake the stuffed tomatoes in the oven for about 20 minutes. Enjoy!
One stuffed tomato has about 315 calories, 10 g of carbohydrates, 23 g of protein and 22 g of fat.