Start Your Day with a Little Pep: Spicy Shakshuka Breakfast Recipe
Shakshuka is an oriental delicacy: poached eggs, juicy tomatoes and spicy chili powder come together to create a savory taste sensation. This breakfast dish is perfect for all those who like to get a fiery start to the day.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 400 g diced tomatoes (canned)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp parsley (chopped)
1. Dice the onion and bell pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion. Then add the bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add the chili powder, salt and seasoning.
4. Next add the diced tomatoes. Let the vegetables simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Using a spoon, create three small wells for the eggs and crack the eggs into them.
6. Reduce the heat and cover the pan with a lid. The eggs take 3-5 minutes to cook.
7. Sprinkle the shakshuka with parsley. Serve with a piece of crusty bread.
One serving has 255 calories, 14 g of carbohydrates, 14 g of protein and 15 g of fat.
Are you looking for other tasty breakfast ideas? You can find them in our free Runtasty app.