Homemade Granola Bars – Tasty Between-Meals Energy Boost
Getting ready for a long run, just finished a bodyweight workout or have to stay long at work? Then power up with these homemade granola bars. Why buy them when they are so easy to make on your own? 🙂
Ingredients (yields 10):
- 2 large bananas
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 190 g rolled oats
- 80 g dried cranberries
- 50 g walnuts
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g almond slivers
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Mash the bananas with a fork and mix in the maple syrup.
3. Finely chop the walnuts and cranberries. Add them to the bananas together with the rolled oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and almond slivers.
4. Sprinkle the mixture with cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
5. Mix all the ingredients well.
6. Put the mixture in the baking dish and smooth it down with a spoon.
7. Bake the granola bars for 25 minutes.
8. Let them cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the baking dish and cutting them.
One granola bar contains 250 calories, 28 g of carbohydrates, 8 g of protein and 11 g of fat.
You can find other great snack ideas in the Runtasty app. Download it for free now!