Low-Carb Zucchini & Eggplant Pizza Bites
Low-carb and pizza? Yep, it’s possible. These zucchini and eggplant pizza bites are light, healthy and, most importantly, tasty. They’re perfect when you need to whip up a meal fast and ideal as a light TV snack!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 100 g mozzarella
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the zucchini and eggplant into slices and season them with salt and pepper.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan. Sauté the vegetable slices on both sides.
- Arrange the zucchini and eggplant slices on the baking sheet and spread tomato sauce on them. Sprinkle everything with basil and mozzarella.
- Bake your pizza bites in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
One serving contains about 140 calories, 5 g of carbohydrates, 7 g of protein and 9 g of fat.
What are you waiting for? Download the free Runtasty app today and start getting your fitness on in the kitchen.