Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Honey-Mustard Dressing
This colorful sweet potato salad is sure to please with a delicious honey-mustard dressing. Plus, the addition of lime juice gives your salad some zesty zing. You definitely have to try this “not your grandma’s” potato salad! It makes for a great side dish at your next BBQ or a tasty lunch your coworkers will envy.
Ingredients for one bowl (serves 6):
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes (to taste)
- 285 g corn (1 can)
- 255 g kidney beans (1 can)
- 2 spring onions
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Put them in a bowl and mix them with some olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika.
3. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast them in the oven for about 30 minutes.
4. In the meantime, finely chop the tomatoes and cut the spring onions into rings.
5. When the sweet potatoes are done, put them in a bowl. Combine them with the spring onions, tomatoes, corn and beans.
6. Add the lime juice, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to the sweet potato salad and mix everything well. You can serve the salad warm or cold.
One serving contains 275 calories, 52 g of carbohydrates, 7 g of protein and 4 g of fat.