Spice Up Your Breakfast with These Savory Muffins
Not everyone likes pancakes for breakfast. And even if you do, you don’t want to eat them every morning 😉 Are you looking to spice things up? Then you can’t go wrong with our vegetable breakfast muffins. They not only take just minutes to prepare, but they are packed full of protein. You absolutely have to try this recipe out. And when you are short on time, these small muffins also make for a quick, low-carb dinner on the go.
- 12 eggs
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 scallion
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- Low-fat grated pizza cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Wash and dice the vegetables.
- Grease the muffin pan.
- Distribute the vegetables and the cheese evenly in the muffin pan.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and whisk them with a fork. Now pour the whisked egg over the vegetable-cheese mixture. Don’t forget to season with salt & pepper.
- Bake the breakfast muffins at 200°C (400°F) for 15 minutes.
One breakfast muffin contains about 107 calories, 1.5 g of carbohydrates, 10 g of protein and 6 g of fat.