Health Benefits of Running: 5 Ways It Helps You Live Longer
It’s no secret that running is healthy. Studies have shown that exercise can extend your life by several years. But what exactly are the benefits of running?
1. Running stimulates bone formation. This helps you prevent osteoporosis as you age.
2. It strengthens your heart muscles: a strong heart improves your blood circulation and lowers your risk of high blood pressure.
3. Frequent running boosts your energy and caloric expenditure. This makes the excess pounds just melt away.
4. Running regularly lowers your cholesterol levels. It also reduces the risk of heart attack or stroke.
5. The final benefit: running lowers your blood sugar levels because your body burns sugar when you run. Therefore, running is great for preventing diabetes.
So, what are you waiting for? Lace up your shoes and go!