Vegan Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Coconut Soup
When it’s cold outside, you need something warm in your belly. This vegan pumpkin and sweet potato soup with coconut milk is good for your body as well as your soul. The ginger gives the soup a pleasant spicy note which really warms you up and provides a wonderful contrast to the sweet coconut milk.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 edible pumpkin or squash (red kuri)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 200 ml coconut milk
- Coconut oil
- Salt & pepper
1. Wash the pumpkin, cut it in half and remove the seeds. Cut the flesh into large chunks.
2. Peel and cut the sweet potato into large chunks.
3. Peel and finely chop the onion and ginger.
4. Heat some coconut oil and sauté the onion and ginger.
5. Add the pumpkin and sweet potato and cook the vegetables for a few minutes.
6. Pour in the vegetable stock. Let the soup simmer for about 15 minutes until the pumpkin and sweet potato are tender.
7. Blend the soup using a high-quality blender or an immersion blender. Then stir in the coconut milk.
8. Season the pumpkin, sweet potato and coconut soup with salt & pepper. Garnish with pumpkin seed oil and roasted pumpkin seeds.
One serving contains about 260 calories, 27 g of carbohydrates, 4 g of protein and 15 g of fat.
Want more incredibly delicious recipes like this one – for free? We thought so! Download the Runtasty app today!