adidas Canada Limited Privacy Statement Highlights
adidas Canada Limited - Privacy Statement
- WHAT WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- PRIVACY STATEMENT AS IT RELATES TO YOUR ADICLUB MEMBERSHIP
- YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- COOKIE STATEMENT
adidas Canada Limited Privacy Statement Highlights
SCOPE: This statement applies to adidas Canada Limited (“ we ", " us ” or “ our " or adidas ”), the Canadian customers of adidas International Trading AG and to visitors to www.adidas.ca or any other website or mobile application on which we provide this statement (collectively, “ you ”). A copy of our full privacy statement follows these highlights.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION THAT INCLUDES:
- Information you give us if you register with us;
- Information collected when you contact us, visit our sites, use our mobile applications services or products, purchase our products, use a social sign-on, use our wi-fi hotspot services, or view our advertisements;
- Information from cookies and beacons; and
- Information from third parties (e.g., credit reference agencies, law enforcement/regulatory bodies).
WE USE INFORMATION TO:
- Provide you with the information, services and products you request;
- Help us develop new products and services;
- Help us monitor and improve our products, services and technology;
- Help us run our sites and services;
- Tell you about our products and services with your consent as required by applicable law;
- Display online ads to you, and better personalize our advertising, sites and services to you; and
- Create aggregated or de-identified information for various uses and to share with our business partners in that format
WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH:
- Other adidas Group entities;
- Third-party service providers, such as cloud service providers, and as necessary, with third parties that help run our various programs (e.g., loyalty, competitions, hosting, delivery, payment and fraud management providers, credit scoring agencies and analytics platform providers). These service providers use your Personal Information in accordance with adidas instructions and applicable law;
- Social networks (if you interact with a social network through one of our sites or Apps);
- Legal and law enforcement agencies where required by applicable law; and
- Other third parties with your consent or where permitted or required by applicable law.
- With your consent, we may market to you other adidas products/services not referenced in our privacy statement;
- You can access your Personal Information and ask us to update, correct or delete any Personal Information we have about you; and
- You may opt-out of further contact from us as well as certain other uses of your Personal Information for marketing or personalization purposes as explained in our full privacy statement
HOW TO CONTACT US: If you’d like further information on: your privacy rights; opting-out or unsubscribing from messages; accessing, deleting, or updating your Personal Information; or to register a complaint, please contact us at:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: adidas Canada Limited, Attn: Canadian Legal Counsel, 8100, Highway #27, Woodbridge, Ontario LN4 3N2
By phone: Customer service at 1-855-823-4327.
Please continue reading below for our full privacy statement.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- WHAT WE COLLECT
“ Personal Information ” is any information that relates to you and identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information. adidas may collect various types of personal information and special categories of personal information (including health and other sensitive data about you, as explained in greater detail below).
We will ask for your consent if we wish to use your Personal Information for purposes other than those listed in this privacy statement, or if we are required to do so under applicable law.
i. Information we collect when you create an Account
If you sign up for an adidas account, for example, through the global single sign on, which allows you to use the same sign-in details anywhere in the world, we will ask for your:
- e-mail address; and
adidas will also collect the following information when you sign up for an account if you choose to provide it:
- telephone number
- personal preferences
- social identifier if you choose to log in to your account via social media
- date of birth.
ii. Information we collect Automatically on our Sites and Mobile Applications
We will automatically collect Personal Information about you when you interact with our brands, websites and Apps, as follows:
Websites: we will collect information about the adidas websites that you visit and how you use them. A visit to one of our websites results in data being sent from your browser to our servers. The information we collect in this way includes:
- your IP address;
- the date and time of the visit and how long you remained on our website;
- the referral URL (the site from which you came to our website);
- the pages you visited on our website; and
- information about the device and browser you used to visit our website (including, browser type and version, operating system, etc.)
Location Information: information that may determine your location is called “ Location Information ” in this statement. We offer location-enabled services within some of our (mobile) applications, such as Google Maps and Bing Maps . If you use those (mobile) applications, they may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location. You are always asked if the Geolocation Service can be activated and you can choose not to activate it or to turn it off.
We may use the Google Maps service or the Bing Maps service to assist you in finding an adidas store. To facilitate this, we load an image from Google Maps or Bing Maps, saving the route data and map image on our server. With your consent, we may also use various technologies to determine your location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points, Near Field Communication (" NFC ") points and mobile network cell towers. You can generally disable sending your location through settings in your device, and we will inform you when we make use of location information.
iii. Information we collect when you use our Products or Services When you (i) use our products and services, (ii) use our Apps, or (iii) become a adiClub member, we will ask for certain Personal Information. We will explain what information is required and what information you may choose to provide. This information may include information such as:
Using our Products and Services
- your postal address and payment details when ordering from our web shop;
- your date of birth and/or confirmation that you are above a certain age;
- your email-address so we can provide you with your receipt and contact you with offers or promotions as permitted by applicable law, or when you are signing up for one of our contests, free prize giveaways ("Prize Giveaways") or newsletters; and/or
- a record of our correspondence with you (including any feedback you have provided on any of our products or services), if you have been in contact with our Customer Service.
Using our Apps:
- We offer a number of Apps (including adidas Running) which allow you to upload and/or store certain information. Depending on the App, we may ask for Personal Information (we will explain what information is needed to offer the service and what information you may choose to provide so that we may understand your preferences), such as your: sport and health data (for example, workout start and end times, activity type, duration, pace, distance, calories, and speed), body measurements, such as weight, height and heart rate; and/or location.
Our adidas Membership/Loyalty Program (i.e. adiClub):
- If you are a member of or request a membership in an adidas membership or loyalty program (i.e. adiClub), we may ask for Personal Information (we will explain what information is required and what information you may choose to provide), as more fully outlined in s. 6
iv. Information we Collect through Social Networks If you choose to create an adidas account through a SOCIAL NETWORK ACCOUNT (including via Facebook or Instagram), your social media sign-on credentials will be imported via your social network account.
adidas will, upon receipt of any irrelevant information from the social network, discard such information. After having created your account, you will have the opportunity to supplement it with any information you would like to share with us, such as any Personal Information you provide through a completed survey. Any supplemental information you provide to us will be used for the purposes explained in this Statement, including to enrich your adidas profile and to personalize your adidas experience, for example, by providing you with more relevant information and advertising, both on our website and third-party websites.
v. How adidas Collects Personal Information
Most of the Personal Information we collect about you will be information that you have voluntarily provided to us, for example, through our websites, e-shops, mobile Apps, or by making purchases in one of our stores, as outlined above. You agree that other sources from whom we may obtain your Personal Information include: (i) other adidas group companies; and (ii) third parties (such as credit reference agencies with your consent, law enforcement/regulatory bodies), all as permitted by applicable privacy laws.
The Personal Information we collect when you create an account with us will be used for identification and authentication purposes across adidas services, so you can use the same account details to log in from any location and on any device. The global single sign on will allow adidas systems to identify you wherever you are in the world, meaning you will not need to register with us again if you are signing in from a different country. In addition, adidas will create a profile for you with the information needed to provide you with our products or services. The Personal Information we collect as listed above will be used in the format that it is received, or, where appropriate, will be combined with Personal Information we obtain from other internal or external sources.
We use and analyze this Personal Information for the various purposes described below:
i. Improving our products and services : we will use your Personal Information to build a profile on you in order to understand how you use our products and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, as well as to personalize the products and services we offer you both on our websites and Apps, and in advertising you may see on third party sites. For information on how to opt-out of this personalization please see “ Your rights in relation to your Personal Information " below.
ii. Processing your order: we use relevant Personal Information described above (including your name, address, email and payment details) to process and deliver your order, and to notify you of the status of your order. In addition, we may use your age, year of birth or confirmation that you are above a certain age to ascertain whether you meet the minimum age in your country for online purchases and whether you are considered to be a minor for data protection and/or marketing law purposes.
iii. Carrying out Checks: we will also use your Personal Information to prevent fraud, and with your consent, to assess your creditworthiness. For this purpose, we may need to share your Personal Information with our credit rating providers (see "how we share your Personal Information" below), with your consent as required by applicable law.
iv. Customer Service: if you contact our Customer Service (or vice versa), we will use Personal Information such as your order information and contact history to process your request and provide you with our best service possible.
v. adidas products and services, engagements and offerings: we will use your Personal Information to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us, such as promotions, membership in adidas Communities, adidas loyalty programs, events and our Apps. This will, if applicable, include the use of your Personal Information for submission in contests, Prize Giveaways and promotions, using your contact details when you sign up for events and using information like your location for our mobile Apps, with your consent, and as explained in more detail in our Apps (for example, running Apps that use your location to help you plot your route when you have signed up for an event).
vi. adidas Apps: if you choose to download an adidas app, we will only collect special categories of Personal Information if we have obtained your express consent, as required by applicable law. Personal and sensitive Personal Information (such as health data) collected through the app will be collected from your device and stored on adidas servers for the following purposes:
- to provide you the services you expect when using the app as may be explained to you in more detail when you install the app;
- for the reasons set out in the "improving our products and services" section above; and
- with your consent for the reasons set out in the "marketing purposes" section below.
vii. adidas Prize Giveaways: as part of an adidas promotion or contest, we may publish certain details of the winners of any Prize Giveaways on our website or one of our affiliate's or service provider's websites according to the terms and conditions of the particular promotion or contest.
viii. Social Sign-On (i.e. the use of your social network credentials such as your Facebook user login information to create and sign into your adidas account): when you use the social sign-on option, adidas limits its use of your social network public profile information to that which is necessary for the creation of your adidas account.
ix. Marketing and profiling: when you sign up to receive adidas newsletters, create an adidas single sign on, become a Member of an adidas Community, use an adidas app, order or provide feedback on a product or service online or instore, or use our website, we will use your Personal Information to create a profile based on the information we hold about you. We create your profile in accordance with your preferences in order to provide you with a better personalized experience, and to send you personalized marketing messages, both on our website and on third party websites, and to send you promotions, newsletters and messages for opinion research purposes if we have your consent including as required by applicable antispam laws.
Below you can find a more detailed description of the ways in which we will use your Personal Information for these purposes.
For information on how to opt-out of our targeted marketing personalization please see “ Your rights in relation to your Personal Information ” below.
- What kind of information do we use?The way you interact with us and our brands across all of the different channels described above (e.g. in store, the adidas website, Apps, social media and marketing messages we send you) and the information we collect in that regard from each of these channels provides us valuable information about your interests and preferences. This insight gives us the opportunity to offer you our best adidas experience. To learn about you and your interests and preferences, we analyze your interactions with us and our brand using various kinds of information, as set out above. In particular, we may combine the information we collect with information collected by third parties. If we have consent as required by law to send you marketing communications, we use the information that we have about you to send you personalized marketing messages about adidas products or services, events, Prize Giveaways and promotions, adidas news, and other information we think will interest you. In some instances, we will also aggregate your Personal Information with that of other individuals, to create comprehensive reports about how consumers use our products and services and experience our brand.
- What kind of channels do we market in? We may send direct marketing communications to you via the channel you choose or based on the information you provide to us, such as email, phone, or social media. We ask for your consent, where required by applicable law, in order to use the contact details, you have provided to us to send our personalized marketing communications.
- How we Tailor Messages: the messages we send you may be personalized and tailored to your individual preferences and interests. We use analytics in order to generate such personalized messages. These direct marketing messages may contain information about our products and services, events, Prize Giveaways or promotions, adidas news, and other information we think will interest you. We will, in certain circumstances, also use the channels for opinion research (such as to ask if you would like to participate in a survey) and to learn about your experience and improve your experience with adidas, including by sending you personalized messages.
- our websites and Apps use re-targeting technologies. This enables us to show our visitors, who have already visited or used our website or app, advertisements from us on third party websites. We believe that the display of personalized, interest-based advertising is more interesting and relevant to our customers than advertising that does not have a personal connection. Re-targeting technologies analyze the information we collect about your interactions with each adidas platform as described above, including your cookies, and display advertisements based on your past web-surfing behaviour. Please click here for further information on cookies and instructions on how to disable re-targeting. Note that our sites generally are not configured to respond to web browser do-not-track signals.
- Third-Party Ad Servers: we also work with non-adidas companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect Personal Information about your visits to our websites or Apps and your interaction with our communications, including advertising.
- Cross-Context/Device Linking:
- We may link or combine information that we collect about you from various sources to help ensure a consistent user experience regardless of how you interact with us – online, in-store, on mobile, or on social media. We may link or combine your activities and information collected from you on our websites and mobile apps with your in-store purchases and information we receive from third parties with your consent or as permitted by applicable law, as well as information we collect automatically through tracking technologies. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us – online, in-store, on mobile or social media. We, or our third-party partners, may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. We do this by collecting information about each device you use when you are logged in to our services. We may also work with third party partners who employ tracking technologies, or the application of statistical modeling tools, to determine if two or more devices are linked to a single user or household. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) with third party advertising partners to help recognize you across devices. We, and our partners, can use this cross-device linkage to serve interest-based advertising and other personalized content to you across your devices, to perform analytics and to measure the performance of our advertising campaigns.
x. Improving our Products and Services: we will use the Personal Information we hold about you (as well as pseudonymized or anonymized information generated from your Personal Information) to carry out analysis and research, including:
- data science/analytics, whereby we combine information (such as Personal Information and/or sensitive Personal Information we have obtained through the use of an adidas sporting app or from your browsing history) we hold on a large scale in order:
- to learn more about our customers and their preferences;
- to identify patterns and trends amongst our customers;
- to enhance user experience on our websites;
- to provide information, content and offerings tailored to our customers' needs;
- for general research and statistical purposes; and
- for aggregated reporting purposes within the adidas group;
- develop new products and services; and
- monitor the performance of our products and services and/or improve our technology.
xi. Website Improvement: Personal Information collected through our websites, such as via cookies or other tracking technologies, will be used to allow us to assess browsing behaviours on our websites, to understand where improvements can be made, to optimize our products and services and personalize and improve your experience on our websites and Apps.
xii. Performance Analysis: we will use your Personal Information (including by anonymizing and aggregating it with other customers' Personal Information) for sales, supply chain and financial analysis purposes, to determine how adidas is performing and where improvements can be made and where necessary to report back to our parent or affiliate group companies.
xiii. Persistent Log-In: If you select to be logged in persistently, you do not have to log in every time you visit the adidas website for up to 30 days. Your Personal Information will be used by the adidas website to show your personal information: Your email will be used during checkout journey to let you know the email that will be used for the order confirmation, your first name will be used for personalization and your unique identifier may be used for Frontend Analytics. Please note that no consent status will be stored. This basic profile information will be stored for up to 30 days in the browser that was used for the login within an access token. The access token is a HTTP only cookie. The token is valid for 20 minutes if the ‘keep me logged in’ functionality was selected. After the expiration of the token it is no longer possible to access personal information so the logged in session is over. For persistent login, we additionally store a refresh token in the browser which can be used to refresh the access token within a 30 days period and extend the logged in session that way. If this refresh token is missing (if you have not selected persistent login or cookies were cleared) the access token cannot be refreshed. Hence, your session cannot be extended, and you will not be logged in anymore. Please note: If you chose persistent log-in, your personal address details may be exposed to an unauthorised third party if you forget to log-out from persistent log-in from a publicly accessible device.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We treat your Personal Information with care and confidentiality and do not share it with third parties other than as set out below: HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
i. With other adidas Group entities: We will share limited Personal Information which you provide when you sign up (your name, email address, password and optional date of birth) with other adidas Group entities to enable the global single sign-on and for authentication purposes, so that you can use the same sign in information anywhere in the world and our systems will recognize your details.
We may share information we keep in your profile with other adidas Group entities if both entities are responsible for your Personal Information, or if the other entities are acting as our service providers and processing your Personal Information on our instructions or on our behalf.
We may share information we keep in your profile with adidas International Marketing BV if you choose to participate in an adidas global campaign or competition. adidas International Marketing BV is the entity that acts as campaign promoter on global adidas campaigns.
We will also share your other Personal Information, as well as anonymized and aggregated information, with other adidas Group entities (such as adidas A.G., the parent company of the group, and/or other adidas entities as necessary). They will use this Personal Information for trend analysis.
ii. With Social Networks: Our website and Apps will, in certain circumstances, provide you with social plug-ins from various social networks. If you choose to interact with a social network such as Facebook or Twitter (for example by registering an account), your activity on our website or via our Apps will also be made available to that social network. If you are logged in on one of these social networks during your visit to one of our websites or Apps or are interacting with one of the social plug-ins, the social network might add this information to your respective profile on this network based on your privacy settings. If you would like to prevent this type of data transfer, please log out of your social network account before you enter one of our websites or Apps, or change the app's privacy settings, where possible. Please read the privacy policies of those social networks for detailed information about the collection and transfer of Personal Information, what rights you have and how you can maintain suitable privacy settings for your needs.
iii. With Legal and Law Enforcement: adidas will disclose Personal Information where required by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, for investigations by law enforcement or regulatory bodies, to protect and defend adidas' property and legal rights, to protect the personal safety of adidas website or (mobile) app users or by order of a valid injunction from a court or law enforcement agency.
iv. In a Business Transaction: We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party or should a third party acquire all or part of our business or should any such transaction be proposed.
v. With your consent: We will share your Personal Information with other third parties (different from those described above, for example, sports or fitness centres or when you decide to connect our devices with third party devices) in other limited circumstances. In these instances, we will, where required by applicable law, obtain your consent to share your Personal Information in this way.
vi. With Service Providers We share Personal Information with our cloud service providers for the purposes of identification and authentication, so that you can log on to your adidas account quickly and with the ease and speed you expect from us from anywhere in the world.
We will also share your Personal Information as necessary and only for the purposes described in this privacy statement with various third parties who process your Personal Information on our behalf, such as third parties that run our loyalty program and/or Prize Giveaways/competitions, hosting, delivery, payment and fraud management providers, credit scoring agencies and analytics platform providers. We require that these service providers and other third parties adhere to strict rules when processing your Personal Information, including to only use your Personal Information in accordance with adidas' instructions and the applicable laws.
We are committed to protecting the Personal Information we control, and we implement technical and organizational security measures to help protect it against any unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage. Personal Information may be accessed by persons within our organization, or our third-party service providers, who require such access to carry out the purposes described in this privacy statement, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law. Personal Information we collect is maintained with the primary source of the information located on our servers in Germany.
i. We will keep your Personal Information for two years from your last interaction with us , such as the date your account was deleted, your last purchase, the last time you used one of our Apps or in some other way contacted or interacted with us, unless a longer or shorter retention period is required by law, is necessary in the course of legal proceedings or is otherwise needed for a particular purpose under applicable law.
The following are examples to illustrate how adidas keeps your Personal Information for as long as necessary for a particular purpose:
- we may keep your Personal Information collected during a purchase for as long as required by tax laws (longer than 2 years in some countries); and
- we may keep your Personal Information for a shorter period if you ask us to delete your Personal Information. In such a case, adidas will aim to delete your Personal Information within a maximum period of one month from the date of the request, and subject to legal restrictions.
ii. We may store and process your Personal Information in Canada, the European Union (with primary storage of data in Germany) and other foreign countries that provide hosting or other services to us. For example, the Personal Information you provide when you sign up for an adidas account will be stored in Canada and the European Union, and also by other adidas group entities and our cloud services providers located outside Canada for the purposes of authenticating your account and signing you in. In these circumstances we will take appropriate steps to ensure that your Personal Information is protected. Typically, such steps include carrying out data security reviews of any recipients and putting in place contracts with such recipients to ensure they employ the same or similar appropriate technical and organizational measures as adidas, so your data remains protected. However, where Personal Information is stored or processed outside of Canada (whether by the adidas group or a service provider), it is subject to the laws of that foreign jurisdiction, and be accessible to that jurisdiction’s governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies.
As a general rule, we do not intentionally collect Personal Information about children under the age of 13 . If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information about children under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible, except where we are required by applicable law to keep it.
If a child under the age of 13 attempts to sign up for an adidas account, he or she is initially asked to provide the information as described above. In addition, the data submitted by and collected about the child during the course of his or her visit (e.g. via cookies) may be used as described in this Statement. However, if a child under the age of 13 attempts to complete the sign up, this will be rejected with the notification that accounts for child under the age of 13 cannot be created. For that reason, we ask parents and guardians to check on and monitor their children’s Internet usage in order to protect them.
iii. Our Websites may contain links to Third-Party Websites , and some of our services provide you with access to third party services (such as social networks).
We have no control over how third-party websites and services process your Personal Information. We do not review third party websites and services, and we are not responsible for such third-party websites and services or their privacy practices. Please read the privacy statements of any third-party websites or services that you access from our websites or services.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AS IT RELATES TO YOUR ADICLUB MEMBERSHIP
This section applies when you create and register a membership account and become an adiClub member. adidas collects and uses your adiClub membership Personal Information for the purposes of:
a. Compliance with Membership Terms and Conditions; and
b. Profiling for Personalised Content, Experience, Business & Marketing Analytics and Targeted Marketing Messages
a) Compliance with Membership Terms and Conditions When you apply and create a membership account, we collect and use your Personal Information to administer your account and comply with the adiClub Terms and Conditions.
This includes the following:
- collecting, storing, and processing the Personal Information you provided in the registration form to create a membership profile and account for you;
- assigning a membership ID to your profile and account and using the membership ID along with other Identity Information you provided to identify you;
- enabling your membership account details to be used as your adidas “Global Credential” for accessing all adidas brand domains and apps;
- displaying your current membership status, including your profile information, level, points, and other relevant information in all adidas domains and apps;
- sending you membership administration messages via email including messages about your account status (level up and/or down), management (rewards unlocked for you and how to retrieve them) and maintenance requests (for example, password reset);
- sending you membership administration messages via push notification in adidas apps about your account status (level up and/or down), and management (rewards unlocked for you) and maintenance requests (for example, password reset) - you can switch off push notifications at any time using “Settings” in your mobile devices. However, if you switch off push notifications, we may need to contact you via emails for important messages relating to your membership;
- verifying and using your profile and account information for the purpose of participating in member-exclusive challenges and/or raffles - this will also include sharing your contact details with partners who support us with administering the raffles especially in the case where you have won a prize;
- calculating your club points to provide you rewards - this will include sharing your data with partners who support us with administering the reward, where the reward may be provided via a partner or exclusively by the partner;
- updating your point status once you have used points to redeem awards;
- keeping track of your redemption activity and history;
- providing you access to special offers and promotions;
- sending you invitations to exclusive events;
- allowing you access to limited edition products;
- providing you adidas running and training Basic Features (subject to change) as part of membership offering;
- providing you access to adidas running and training Premium Features offered as a reward of membership in accordance with membership Terms and Conditions;
- providing you access to adidas running and training Premium Features via a subscription purchased from runtastic GmbH;
- storing your shipping address and payment details to shorten check-out time online and in the app;
- storing your complete order history so you can access it at any time;
- allowing you to track your order delivery from your account;
- accessing your membership profile and providing you services and support – including updating your account information following your instructions, providing you with support and answer your queries about your account, your purchases, technical support for using our apps, supporting you with your privacy queries - when you contact adidas through various communication channels using your membership ID and profile;
- storing all Personal Information we collect from you directly or indirectly that has been identified via your membership ID or email with your membership profile, including details you may have shared at a adidas brand retail store and outlet and participating adidas franchised stores to enable for the purposes of calculating points and levels to enable all the points listed above; and
sharing Membership Administration Information with adiClub partners and receiving data from adiClub partners for the purpose of Earning Points and Rewards as specified in the Terms and Conditions – this is strictly based on your explicit consent at the time where the data is collected by adiClub Partners; if you wish to stop sharing data with the adiClub Partner or with adidas, you can withdraw your consent at any time
b) Profiling for Personalised Content, Experience, Business & Marketing Analytics and Targeted Marketing Messages We use your Personal Information to create personalised content for you and make sure we interact with you in a manner that you are more likely to keep and maintain your membership, respond to our targeted marketing messages, and to continue purchase adidas products and use adidas platforms.
This includes the following:
- sending you personalised email messages about how to gain club points or retain your level including promotional messages about adidas products, services and lifestyle recommendations - you can unsubscribe from this message at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” function in the message;
- sending you push notification via adidas apps about how to gain club points or retain your level including promotional messages about adidas products, services, and fitness and lifestyle recommendations - you can switch off push notifications at any time using “Settings” in your mobile devices. However, you may still receive email messages which you can unsubscribe directly in the email messages;
- tracking and monitoring your online browsing behaviour (if you have logged in and accepted our use of certain tracking technologies on the website and in our apps including using Cookies, Pixels, Tags);
- storing all Personal Information we collect from you directly or indirectly that has been identified via your membership ID or email with your membership profile, including details you may have shared at a adidas brand retail store and outlet and participating adidas franchised stores to enable for the purposes of calculating points and levels, and using them to enrich your membership profile as detailed below; and
- analysing and assessing all Personal Information we collect from you directly or indirectly that has been identified via your membership ID or email with your membership profile, including details you may have shared at a adidas brand retail store and outlet and participating adidas franchised stores. More specifically, this includes using your Personal Information in the following ways:
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- PROFILING (AUDIENCE MANAGEMENT)
- We create a profile about you by consolidating all the information you provided to us directly or indirectly. This allows us to establish a personalised interaction with you that is based on our past interaction, and other information we can use to infer your likes and dislikes. We use audience management technologies to ensure the right messages and information reach you at the right moment through the right channel. This includes sending you marketing messages of deals and products or addressing you across digital media through ads on adidas brand platforms. The level of personalisation depends on the permission you have provided to us.
- MARKETING ANALYTICS
- We use your data for different analytical purposes to better understand: a) how you browse and use our platforms; b) which products you are interested in; c) which features of our products and platforms you like; d) the quality of our services including customer service, marketing and advertising campaigns addressed to you, and your reaction to these services; e) our product and website design; f) and whether overall user experience worked for you or not. We use this analysis to improve the relevance of our marketing communication to you and the quality of our personalisation experience across our channels and platforms.
- DATA ENRICHMENT
- We create a single, unified consumer profile of you by matching all Personal Information which you can be identified. This includes Personal Information we collected directly or indirectly from you across digital media or offline, the feedback you provide to us, your interaction and communication with us through our various platforms and communication channels.
- IMPROVE DATA MODELS
- We use data science and your profile and Personal Information to create data models that can help us improve the logic in our analytics activities that give us more insight about your comments and feedback, your interactions, preference and needs in our products and services. We will compare the data model we created using your profile with other similar consumer profiles and categories to further predict and analyse your preference.
Fair play and transparency are important to us. We are open about the Personal Information we collect and have implemented mechanisms to enable you to exercise any rights you might have with respect to your Personal Information. The following paragraphs below set out in more detail information about: opting-out or unsubscribing from messages; accessing, correcting, deleting, or updating your Personal Information; or to registering a complaint. Information on how to CONTACT US is set out in detail at the end of this section.
i. Access and Correction of Personal Information: You may access and correct your Personal Information at any time through our websites, or through the contact information provided below.
If you have ordered products or services or registered an account with us, you can access a significant amount of your Personal Information through one of our websites. Our websites generally present you with the option to add, update or remove information we have about you.
If any Personal Information we have about you is not accessible through our website, you can send us a request for access to this information at no cost using the contact details set out below. After receiving your request, and sufficient information to verify your identity, we will provide you with a copy of the Personal Information we have about you which you are entitled to have under applicable law. We will also confirm the purposes for which such Personal Information is being used, its recipients and the origin of the information.
You may write to us at any time requesting amendments to certain Personal Information that you consider to be incorrect or irrelevant or to request that we block, erase or otherwise remove your Personal Information (i.e. withdraw your consent). We will update, block, erase or remove your Personal Information upon request in line with applicable law. While we use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; in some cases, we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons.
ii. Opting Out and Unsubscribing from Marketing Messages:
All our direct marketing communications (e.g. email, text messages) contain an easy way to opt out from receiving future messages, such as a link through which you can unsubscribe.
If you would like to opt out of receiving adidas marketing messages you may use the unsubscribe method contained in the messages you have received, or alternatively you could contact us using the contact details set out below.
Note that if you choose to opt out of receiving marketing messages in the manner explained above, we will continue to process your Personal Information, in particular to allow us to understand your interests and preferences, but we will stop using your Personal Information to send you personalized or non-personalized marketing messages. If you would like us to stop such processing in part or in full, we have explained how to do this below in the section entitled “Deletion of Information/Withdrawal of Consent”.
Please note that some of our mobile Apps might also send you messages, including (if you have given your permission to do so) push messages, for instance about new products or services. In this case, the particular mobile app will provide you with a just in time notice before we send you push notifications. You can disable these messages through the settings in your phone or the app or choose to uninstall the app to stop receiving the messages.
You can opt out of social media re-marketing by setting preferences offered in your social media account, including at:
iii. Deletion of Information/Withdrawal of Consent: You may at any time ask adidas to delete your Personal Information using the contact details set out below. We will consider and where necessary comply with your request in accordance with applicable law.
v. Changes to this Policy: We regularly review our online privacy statement in order to ensure that it is free of errors and clearly visible on websites, that it contains appropriate information about your rights and our processing activities, and that it is implemented and is compliant with applicable law. We may update this privacy statement from time to time to keep it up to date, to keep pace with new developments and opportunities relating to the Internet and to stay in line with applicable law. If we make significant changes to this privacy statement, we will inform you by posting a notification on our websites and/or mobile Apps along with an updated version of the privacy statement.
Your continued use of our websites or Apps, or provision of Personal Information to us after such notice will be your consent to the updated privacy statement.
vi. Complaints and Requests for additional information, including about cookies (beyond what is provided in section 6, below):
ADIDAS CONTACT INFORMATION MAIL:
MAIL: adidas Canada Limited, Attn: Canadian Legal Counsel 8100 Highway #27, Woodbridge, Ontario LN4 3N2
Updated as of March 2022
What You Should Know About Cookies First Of All…What Are Cookies? Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. For this section, we conveniently use "cookies" as an umbrella term for techniques such as cookies, Flash cookies and web beacons. They don’t take much space and they will be removed automatically when expired. Some cookies expire at the end of your internet session, while others will be saved for a limited amount of time.
Secondly…What Are the Different Cookie Types We Use? There are different types of cookies with different uses. Some exist just to allow you to browse the website and see certain features. Some give us an idea of your browsing experience (i.e. if you have trouble finding what you are looking for), so that we can improve our website’s functionality and make your future visit as pleasant as possible.
Cookies set by adidas are called " first party cookies ". Cookies set by parties other than us are called " third party cookies ". Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through adidas’ website (e.g. advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer or mobile device, (i) when it visits the website in question and (ii) when it visits certain other websites.
Another important distinction is “ required cookies ” vs. “ functionality cookies ” vs. “ advertising and social media cookies ”. Required cookies are essential to running a website and help you to navigate on the website and use its basic features, including media plugins. Then there are functionality cookies, which enable you to save your shopping bag, create a wish list and to save your shipping details for a quicker checkout. These performance and analytics cookies collect information about how visitors use our website and used to improve our website. We also like to show you relevant offers. To manage this we collect browsing data, which may be linked to a unique identifier to allow us to understand how you interact with adidas across different platforms as described in our privacy statement (click here for our privacy statement ). Advertising and social media cookies capture your preferences in order to show you relevant ads outside of adidas sites. These interaction cookies are used for you to interact with social media or to submit reviews and may be used to track your activity over social media platforms.
1. Required Cookies: are essential and help you navigate, move around on the website and see certain features (e.g. these cookies make sure your basket is saved during all the steps of your checkout process). These cookies are required to enable core site functionality. These cookies are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
2. Functionality and Analytics Cookies: are included so that we can give you an even smoother customer experience (i.e. these cookies help you to save and remind you about your shopping bag and enable you to create a wish list). These cookies allow us to analyze site usage so we can measure and improve performance. These cookies may be placed by us or a third party on our behalf (see the “opt out” options provided below) and are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
The web analytic services on our website and mobile applications are provided by our agent, Adobe Site Catalyst ( www.adobe.com ). This means that when you visit our website or mobile applications, a cookie by Adobe Site Catalyst will be stored on your computer or mobile device, except when your browser settings don’t allow for such cookies.
3. Advertising and Social Media Cookies:
There are a variety of advertising and social media cookies used, including:
Our website and mobile applications use re-targeting technologies that enable us to show our visitors, who were already interested in our shop and our products, advertisements from us on third party websites.
- Targeting Cookies: will remember your product and buying preferences or assist marketing efforts in other ways. These cookies enable us to share data, such as what you like, with our service providers and third-party websites, so the advertisements you see can be more relevant to your preferences.
- Performance Cookies: These help us understand visitors’ shopping behaviours. This enables us to keep improving our website, so shopping becomes easier and more pleasant, and to improve the marketing messages we send to our customers.
- Interaction Cookies: are used for you to express your opinion. These cookies will enable you to like or recommend us on social media and to chat with our service agents. You can also advise our other (potential) customers by rating and reviewing our products.
We also work with other companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our websites and/or mobile applications and your interaction with our communications, including advertising. Currently, we use the following technologies to deliver these services to us, including Google Display Network (GDN), Facebook, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Ad Cloud; and Media Math. Below we have provided information on how to opt out of tracking technologies.
What If You Don’t Like Cookies? You can change your browser settings to delete or prevent certain cookies from being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent or altogether. The ‘help’ section in your browser should provide information on how to manage your cookie settings. Find out how this works for your browser here:
If you do not wish information about your behaviour at our website or mobile applications to be collected and assessed by the aforementioned tracking technologies, you can apply or elect to opt out (as applicable). Below is a link to third-party sites that instruct you how to do so:
Additionally, if you would like to generally opt out of the service of ads based on the use of re-targeting technologies, you can visit: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#/ .
You can always contact us for further information if your opt-out options are unclear.
How Often Will You Update This Cookie Statement?
The date at the top of this Cookie Statement indicates when it was last updated.